Matching Financial Assistance
This component of the program provides commitment to match grants for SBIR/STTR Phase I proposals. Phase I awards will be matched at 50% up to $50,000.
Total financial assistance is limited to $50,000 per applicant across all components of the SBIR/STTR Outreach program.
- Be an innovative business with 500 or fewer employees.
- Have a reasonable likelihood of receiving SBIR or STTR grant funds.
- Be likely to stimulate subsequent investment by industry, venture capital and other sources.
- Be likely to commercialize some promising technology.
Type of benefit:
- Program funds are in the form of a grant
- Up to $50,000 commitment to match Phase I SBIR/STTR award
- Applicant, if awarded, will enter into a technical assistance agreement with the Innovation Corporation.
- To receive awarded funds the applicant will submit to the Iowa Innovation Corporation verification of SBIR/STTR Phase I award.
- Total financial assistance is limited to $50,000 per applicant across all components of the SBIR/STTR Outreach program.
- Funding is only available for SBIR/STTR proposals not yet submitted. The program does not provide commitment to match funds for SBIR/STTR proposals submitted prior to application approval.
How to apply:
An eligible business must submit an SBIR/STTR Outreach Program Application to the Iowa Innovation Corporation, ATTN: Anne Price, 200 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are reviewed for funding decisions on a ongoing basis. A funding decision will be made within two weeks of receipt of a complete application.
For additional information:
Iowa Innovation Corporation