This component of the program provides $25,000 to businesses that receive a Phase I award. The program also provides an additional $25,000 to those Phase I award winners that progress to submission of a Phase II application, irrespective of whether they’re awarded a Phase II grant.
Total financial assistance is limited to $50,000 per applicant across all components of the SBIR/STTR Outreach program.
- Be an innovative business with 500 or fewer employees.
- Have a reasonable likelihood of receiving SBIR or STTR grant funds.
- Be likely to stimulate subsequent investment by industry, venture capital and other sources.
- Be likely to commercialize some promising technology.
Type of benefit
- Program funds are in the form of a grant
- Up to $50,000 commitment to match Phase I SBIR/STTR award
- Applicant, if awarded, will enter into a technical assistance agreement with the Innovation Corporation.
- To receive awarded funds the applicant will submit to the Iowa Innovation Corporation verification of SBIR/STTR Phase I award.
- Total financial assistance is limited to $50,000 per applicant across all components of the SBIR/STTR Outreach program.
- Funding is only available for SBIR/STTR proposals not yet submitted. The program does not provide commitment to match funds for SBIR/STTR proposals submitted prior to application approval.
How to apply
An eligible business must submit an SBIR/STTR Outreach Program application to:
Iowa Innovation Corporation
ATTN: Anne Price | 666 Walnut St – Suite 1285 | Des Moines IA 50309
or via email to email@example.com
New applicants: applications must be submitted a minimum of 10 weeks prior to the federal competition deadline.
Previous applicants: applications must be submitted a minimum of 6 weeks prior to federal competition deadlines.
Applications are reviewed for funding decisions on a ongoing basis. A funding decision will be made within two weeks of receipt of a complete application.
Contact us now for more information.