This component of the program provides technical assistance funds for third-party proposal assistance for SBIR/STTR Phase I and II proposals from an Innovation Corporation approved third-party vendor.
- Be an innovative business with 500 or fewer employees
- Have a reasonable likelihood of receiving SBIR or STTR grant funds
- Be likely to stimulate subsequent investment by industry, venture capital and other sources
- Be like to commercialize some promising technology
Program provides technical assistance contracted directly by The Iowa Innovation Corporation
- Assistance is 100% paid for by the Iowa Innovation Corporation
- Applicant is required to submit a $1,000 deposit for full proposal assistance and a $500 deposit for proposal review or similar partial assistance.
- Deposits are refundable upon receipt of proof of SBIR proposal submission
- Applicant, if awarded, will enter into a technical assistance agreement with the Innovation Corporation.
- The program does not provide reimbursement for services paid for and contracted by the applicant
- This program does not provide funding to reimburse applicant’s employees (payroll or contract) for time spent writing SBIR/STTR Phase I & II proposals.
How to apply
An eligible business must submit an SBIR/STTR Outreach Program application to:
Iowa Innovation Corporation
ATTN: Anne Price | 666 Walnut St – Suite 1285 | Des Moines IA 50309
or via email to email@example.com
New applicants: applications must be submitted a minimum of 10 weeks prior to the federal competition deadline.
Previous applicants: applications must be submitted a minimum of 6 weeks prior to federal competition deadlines.
Applications are reviewed for funding decisions on a ongoing basis. A funding decision will be made within two weeks of receipt of a complete application.
For more information – contact us.